Are you thinking about selling a home in Springfield Missouri? Here are five tips to help you sell your house.
1. Let's not beat around the bush. Condition and price are king. Your home may be on the market, but to be in the market it has to be in better condition and a better price than your competition. On the other hand, price it too low and people may wonder what is wrong with it or you may leave money on the table.
Consult a real estate professional to find out what homes are selling for in your neighborhood in today's market. We do comprehensive research to determine what homes are selling for including neighborhood, citywide, and comparable properties for the year you purchased your home compared to this year.
2. Stage that house! Its a fact that homes that are staged sell better than those that are not. Ever notice how nice a model home looks compared to one that is empty? Here are more tips and a video to help stage your Springfield MO home.
3. Keep your home show-ready. Murphy's Law will strike if you don't keep your home ready for buyer's to visit. You know how it works, leave the house a mess just one day and that's the day buyers want to look at it. Its best not to try to re-schedule showings because many times they won't come back.
4. Improve your landscaping! Curb appeal is crucial to a good first impression so make sure your home's lawn is immaculate. Mow the lawn, prune the bushes, weed the garden and plant flowers. If you currently do not have shrubs add them. It's really a great way to invite your prospective buyers!
5. Choose the right REALTOR®. Selling your home is one of the most important financial events of your life. It's usually not a good idea to use an agent just because they are your friend or relative. If things don't go as planned it can be a sticky situation; kind of like loaning money to a relative and then trying to collect. You are better off choosing someone with experience in our marketplace.
You also need to choose a REALTOR® who used the most advanced tools to sell homes and attract more buyers. For example, our website allows buyers to search via interactive map, advanced search criteria, save searches, and even an iPhone app. Visit our website for more information. www.teamknowles.com
About The Authors: Betty Knowles is a full-time REALTOR® with Southwest Missouri Realty in Springfield, MO She also served as President of Women’s Council Of REALTORS® in Southwest Missouri. Betty’s genuine passion is helping people buy and sell homes in Springfield, Ozark, Nixa, and surrounding communities.
John Knowles is likewise a REALTOR® with Southwest Missouri Realty and a member of the Greater Springfield Board of REALTORS®. John is also a FAA part 107 certified drone pilot to get those amazing shots and videos of our properties!
Together this dynamic team makes up TeamKnowles REALTORS®, Spouses Selling Houses! They are dedicated to doing what it takes to sell your home in the greater Springfield real estate market, or help you purchase a home that fits your particular needs. Give TeamKnowles a call today; you’ll be glad you did!
Quick Homes Search: