This is the second part of the series "Why Didn't My House Sell?"
Things you CAN control:
- Availability to show. If you had restrictions on your listing such as “please give 24 hours’ notice before showing” you probably missed a lot of opportunities to showcase your home. The easier you make it to get buyers in your home the better.
- Marketing. Some sellers don’t want a sign in the yard so the neighbors won’t know what they are up to. This just doesn’t make sense. Neighbors often tell their friends about homes for sale in their neighborhood and recommend them to move to the area. Make sure your home is marketed aggressively.
- Condition. Replace that leaky faucet, worn carpet, or cracked sidewalk before you list. Buyers have a lot of homes to choose from and even minor repairs can be a signal to go on to the next property.
- Staging. Ask your agent for recommendations to rearrange furniture, de-clutter, and other ways to make your home stand out from the competition. Staging is not the same as decorating, its meant to showcase the positive aspects of every room.
- Price. In this market, like it or not; your home is in a beauty contest and a price war. Make your house sparkle and shine. Your home has to be priced to compete with homes sold recently or it won’t be considered.Price can also overcome a less desirable location and less than ideal property condition.
The most important thing you can do to sell your home in Springfield MO real estate market is to choose an experienced REALTOR®. It’s essential that you choose a dynamic agent that is on top of their game. This means someone who has strong Internet presence, is technically savvy using video, blogging, social media, and multiple national and local websites to market homes aggressively. Choose a REALTOR® that has a comprehensive marketing plan to get the best results.
There are a variety of reasons why homes sometimes don’t sell so do everything you can to get an edge over your competitors. TeamKnowles, Spouses Selling Houses specializes in selling homes in Springfield that didn’t sell the first time. If you want to sell your home, just give us a call.
About The Authors: Betty Knowles is a full-time REALTOR® with Southwest Missouri Realty in Springfield, MO She also served as President of Women’s Council Of REALTORS® in Southwest Missouri. Betty’s genuine passion is helping people buy and sell homes in Springfield, Ozark, Nixa, and surrounding communities.
John Knowles is likewise a REALTOR® with Southwest Missouri Realty and a member of the Greater Springfield Board of REALTORS®. John is also a FAA part 107 certified drone pilot to get those amazing shots and videos of our properties!
Together this dynamic team makes up TeamKnowles REALTORS®, Spouses Selling Houses! They are dedicated to doing what it takes to sell your home in the greater Springfield real estate market, or help you purchase a home that fits your particular needs. Give TeamKnowles a call today; you’ll be glad you did!
Quick Homes Search: