What Is The WOW FACTOR And How Can It Help Sell Your Home?
If you are selling a home in Springfield MO, or anywhere else for that
matter, one thing that is very important is what we call the WOW FACTOR. There are many things that can set your home apart from the
competition and make people say wow and make it their first choice.
- Something special. What is different about your home that makes it extraordinary? What makes it very special? What are some of the reasons you bought the home?
- Location, location, location. You can’t change the location of your home but if its great; focus on it! Make sure your agent takes lots of pictures that highlight the location.
- Appeal to the your buyers. Write a handwritten personal note to potential buyers sharing what you love about the home. Tell them why you love the home and tell some stories or memories.
- Help those who need it. If you are able, offer owner financing or a lease to purchase option. Another great option is a 2-1 buydown.
- Each room should have an identity and a focal point. For
example, don’t make people guess if it’s a bedroom or an exercise room. Pick one and stage it to its best potintial.
- Make it spotlessness. Don’t just clean your normal routine items, clean everything and make it sparkle. Then clean some more!
- Remove the roadblocks. Make your home easy and available
to show. If you get a low offer don’t be offended and walk away. Use it as a starting point and keep negotiations moving forward.
Price to sell. Nothing gets people’s attention more than a bargain and a good value. Consider taking less for your current home and making it up on your repurchase at a good price.
Notice we didn't mention anything about granite countertops, hardwood floors, or other fancy features. These are fine, but only if you are priced below the competition. Otherwise your home is just another "me too home".
Homes are selling in Springfield MO. You just need to be on top of your game. Buyers will pick the best home in their price range that is the best value and has the WOW FACTOR!
About The Authors: Betty Knowles is a full-time REALTOR® with Coldwell Banker Vanguard REALTORS® in Springfield, MO and proudly serves on the board of the Greater Springfield Board of REALTORS®. She also served as President of Women’s Council Of REALTORS® in Southwest Missouri. Betty’s genuine passion is helping people buy and sell homes in Springfield, Ozark, Nixa, and surrounding communities.
John Knowles is likewise a full-time REALTOR® with Coldwell Banker Vanguard and a member of the Greater Springfield Board of REALTORS®. A self-proclaimed computer geek, John is talented at developing real estate websites, videos, photography, blogs, search engine optimization and other technical skills essential to marketing and selling real estate in Springfield MO.
Together this dynamic team makes up TeamKnowles REALTORS®, Spouses Selling Houses! They are dedicated to doing what it takes to sell your home in the greater Springfield real estate market, or help you purchase a home that fits your particular needs. Give TeamKnowles a call today; you’ll be glad you did!
Quick Homes Search: