You only get one chance to make a first impression when you
sell a home in Springfield MO. Make your home more attractive for yourself and prospective buyers with these quick and easy tips:
- Trim any overgrown bushes so they don't block your windows or architectural details.
- Mow your lawn, and if possible turn on the sprinklers for 30 minutes before the showing to make the lawn sparkle. Make sure to edge around sidewalks and trees.
- Put a pot of bright flowers (or a small evergreen in winter) on your porch.
- Repair any cracks in your sidewalks and driveway.
- Keep your garden tools, trash cans, and garden hoses out of sight and clear toys from the lawn.
- Buy a new doormat for the outside of your front door and replace door knobs if they show wear.
- Clean your windows, inside and outside.
- Place a seasonal wreath on your door.
- Park your car in the garage or down the street instead of in the driveway.
These simple items will help your home look its best when buyers take a look at it. Good luck selling your home!
About The Authors: Betty Knowles is a full-time REALTOR® with Coldwell Banker Vanguard REALTORS® in Springfield, MO and proudly serves on the board of the Greater Springfield Board of REALTORS®. She also served as President of Women’s Council Of REALTORS® in Southwest Missouri. Betty’s genuine passion is helping people buy and sell homes in Springfield, Ozark, Nixa, and surrounding communities.
John Knowles is likewise a full-time REALTOR® with Coldwell Banker Vanguard and a member of the Greater Springfield Board of REALTORS®. A self-proclaimed computer geek, John is talented at developing real estate websites, videos, photography, blogs, search engine optimization and other technical skills essential to marketing and selling real estate in Springfield MO.
Together this dynamic team makes up TeamKnowles REALTORS®, Spouses Selling Houses! They are dedicated to doing what it takes to sell your home in the greater Springfield real estate market, or help you purchase a home that fits your particular needs. Give TeamKnowles a call today; you’ll be glad you did!
Quick Homes Search: