You only get one chance to make a first impression when you
sell a home in Springfield MO. Make your home more attractive for yourself and prospective buyers with these quick and easy tips:
- Trim any overgrown bushes so they don't block your windows or architectural details.
- Mow your lawn, and if possible turn on the sprinklers for 30 minutes before the showing to make the lawn sparkle. Make sure to edge around sidewalks and trees.
- Put a pot of bright flowers (or a small evergreen in winter) on your porch.
- Repair any cracks in your sidewalks and driveway.
- Keep your garden tools, trash cans, and garden hoses out of sight and clear toys from the lawn.
- Buy a new doormat for the outside of your front door and replace door knobs if they show wear.
- Clean your windows, inside and outside.
- Place a seasonal wreath on your door.
- Park your car in the garage or down the street instead of in the driveway.
These simple items will help your home look its best when buyers take a look at it. Good luck selling your home!
About The Authors: Betty Knowles is a full-time REALTOR® with Southwest Missouri Realty in Springfield, MO She also served as President of Women’s Council Of REALTORS® in Southwest Missouri. Betty’s genuine passion is helping people buy and sell homes in Springfield, Ozark, Nixa, and surrounding communities.
John Knowles is likewise a REALTOR® with Southwest Missouri Realty and a member of the Greater Springfield Board of REALTORS®. John is also a FAA part 107 certified drone pilot to get those amazing shots and videos of our properties!
Together this dynamic team makes up TeamKnowles REALTORS®, Spouses Selling Houses! They are dedicated to doing what it takes to sell your home in the greater Springfield real estate market, or help you purchase a home that fits your particular needs. Give TeamKnowles a call today; you’ll be glad you did!
Quick Homes Search: