Here are ten great reasons to move to Springfield Missouri!
10. Recreation. There are many beautiful lakes, rivers, and trails within a few minutes drive. If you're an outdoors type of person you'll really enjoy the area.
9. You get more home for your money. If you're used to a postage stamp size lot and an expensive home, you're in for a treat. A $200,000 home here would sell for much more in most other parts of the country.
8. Great schools. We have a good ratio of student to teacher and strong acedimic programs. There are many fine universities in the area.
7. Friendly people. Folks are friendly in the Ozarks and always willing to help out a neighbor.
6. Diverse job opportunities. There are a lot of job opportunities in the area in tourism, manufacturing, medical, sales, and service. We aren't dependent on any one sector.
5. Lower cost of living. Utilities, groceries, basics are affordable.
4. Great climate. Winters are not harsh and summers aren't terribly hot here. We usually get one or two snowfalls in an average year. We have four distinct seasons.
3. Hunting and fishing. There are great opportunities for hunting deer, turkey, and small game as well as bass, trout, and crappie fishing all within a few minutes drive. Can you say Bass Pro Shop?
2. Great shopping opportunities and things to see. Don't miss Battlefield Mall, and the outlet malls at Branson!
1. No Hillbillys here! Well maybe a few at Branson shows but that's about it.
If you or someone you know are considering moving to Springfield or surrounding areas of Southwest Missouri, please get in touch with us. We can help you find the perfect property you are looking for. Search Springfield Missouri Real Estate Listings!
About The Authors: Betty Knowles is a full-time REALTOR® with Coldwell Banker Vanguard REALTORS® in Springfield, MO and proudly serves on the board of the Greater Springfield Board of REALTORS®. She also served as President of Women’s Council Of REALTORS® in Southwest Missouri. Betty’s genuine passion is helping people buy and sell homes in Springfield, Ozark, Nixa, and surrounding communities.
John Knowles is likewise a full-time REALTOR® with Coldwell Banker Vanguard and a member of the Greater Springfield Board of REALTORS®. A self-proclaimed computer geek, John is talented at developing real estate websites, videos, photography, blogs, search engine optimization and other technical skills essential to marketing and selling real estate in Springfield MO.
Together this dynamic team makes up TeamKnowles REALTORS®, Spouses Selling Houses! They are dedicated to doing what it takes to sell your home in the greater Springfield real estate market, or help you purchase a home that fits your particular needs. Give TeamKnowles a call today; you’ll be glad you did!
Quick Homes Search: