If you are considering selling your home; especially in today's real estate market, there are several key things to consider. No two homes are exactly the same, even if they are the same floor plan. So what are buyers looking for?
- Price is king. With all things considered, people are looking for a good deal. Period, end of sentence! The worst home in town will sell if its priced accordingly. You need to look at who you are competing against. This includes foreclosures and short sales.
- Sq. Footage. Buyers need enough sq. footage for their family. How does your home stack up?
- Location. The old adage location, location, location is still important. This includes where your home is, what's near it, distance to shopping, schools, workplaces, etc...
- Condition. With a lot of competition out there, you need to have your home show-ready and in top condition. If its not buyers will pass and go on to the next one.
- Value. What makes your home better than your competition? Is your yard better landscaped and larger than your neighbors? Are your kitchen cabinets top of the line?
- Age. There's nothing you can do about the age of your home but it does help determine how well your home will sell.
- Neighborhood. What are some of the amenities of your neighborhood? Is it a hot selling neighborhood or a has been?
- Schools. Homes sell better in neighborhoods that have good schools!
- Uniqueness. What makes your home unique from the others in your area?
- Style. Put it all together and your home has a certain style. All these variables plus comparable sales in your area help determine what your home may sell for.
TeamKnowles specializes in homes for sale in Springfield Missouri and surrounding communities. If you are thinking about selling your home, we can help! We'd be happy to show you our marketing plan and how we can sell your home.
About The Authors: Betty Knowles is a full-time REALTOR® with Coldwell Banker Vanguard REALTORS® in Springfield, MO and proudly serves on the board of the Greater Springfield Board of REALTORS®. She also served as President of Women’s Council Of REALTORS® in Southwest Missouri. Betty’s genuine passion is helping people buy and sell homes in Springfield, Ozark, Nixa, and surrounding communities.
John Knowles is likewise a full-time REALTOR® with Coldwell Banker Vanguard and a member of the Greater Springfield Board of REALTORS®. A self-proclaimed computer geek, John is talented at developing real estate websites, videos, photography, blogs, search engine optimization and other technical skills essential to marketing and selling real estate in Springfield MO.
Together this dynamic team makes up TeamKnowles REALTORS®, Spouses Selling Houses! They are dedicated to doing what it takes to sell your home in the greater Springfield real estate market, or help you purchase a home that fits your particular needs. Give TeamKnowles a call today; you’ll be glad you did!
Quick Homes Search: