Why didn’t my house sell??? If you listed your home for sale in Springfield MO this year and it didn’t sell, you are probably asking why not??? The real estate market rejected your listing and it didn’t sell. There are a lot of factors that can affect the sale of your home, some you may have control over and some you don’t.
Things you CAN’T control:
- You can’t control your home’s physical location. If your home is close to negative factors like railroad tracks, eyesores, or a busy highway this hurts your chances of an offer.
- You can’t control the overall real estate market. Other homes for sale (your competition) will do whatever they can to sell which means you just lost a potential buyer.
- You can’t control the ups and downs of the market. You are competing against some tough opponents - foreclosures and short sales where price is king. It’s challenging but not impossible to win against them.
- You can’t pick your neighbors. If they always park their cars in the driveway and street that hurts the curb appeal on your home. Even your neighbor’s barky dogs can make the difference in a sale or no sale. Of course you can ask them to cooperate but if they refuse there’s not much you can do about it.
- You can’t control buyer’s specific wants and needs. You might be able to make a few changes to your house like changing out some light fixtures or even adding a bathroom, but if your home is a two story on a city lot and the buyers want a ranch on five acres, you’re out of luck.
Stay tuned for part II where we will discuss Things you CAN control to sell your home!
About The Authors: Betty Knowles is a full-time REALTOR® with Coldwell Banker Vanguard REALTORS® in Springfield, MO and proudly serves on the board of the Greater Springfield Board of REALTORS®. She also served as President of Women’s Council Of REALTORS® in Southwest Missouri. Betty’s genuine passion is helping people buy and sell homes in Springfield, Ozark, Nixa, and surrounding communities.
John Knowles is likewise a full-time REALTOR® with Coldwell Banker Vanguard and a member of the Greater Springfield Board of REALTORS®. A self-proclaimed computer geek, John is talented at developing real estate websites, videos, photography, blogs, search engine optimization and other technical skills essential to marketing and selling real estate in Springfield MO.
Together this dynamic team makes up TeamKnowles REALTORS®, Spouses Selling Houses! They are dedicated to doing what it takes to sell your home in the greater Springfield real estate market, or help you purchase a home that fits your particular needs. Give TeamKnowles a call today; you’ll be glad you did!
Quick Homes Search: